Future Grace by John PiperProbably the most readable (not to mention spiritually satisfying!) of Pipers books that Ive read so far. The book is divided into 31 chapters, most of them focusing on Pipers thesis--that the way of sanctification is by having faith in Gods future grace--but also many chapters on how to apply that faith to battle various sins.
Lessons I learned:
1) Why do we follow and obey Christ? Our primary motive is not gratitude for what Christ did on the cross (although we are thankful nonetheless), but faith in Gods future grace.
2) The faith that sanctifies is the same faith that justifies. We are called to obedience, not by our own works, but by faith.
3) Love towards others is a fruit of faith, i.e. faith working through love (Gal 5:6). True love for others can only come from a heart of faith.
4) The root of sin is unbelief, and therefore the battle against sin is a battle for faith, a battle to trust in the Lord and be satisfied in Him.
5) Lastly, though it was not a major theme of the book, I learned about the glorious hope of the resurrection in the last few chapters: not just a resurrection of our spirits, but of our bodies. God did not create our bodies just to get rid of them: he created them for His glory! What great future grace we have to look forward to!
Im sure there are many other lessons as well. This book is so rich, so deep, and speaks straight from the Scriptures. If you cannot tell already, I highly recommend it.
Free eBook: “God is the Gospel” by John Piper
John Piper is founder and teacher of desiringGod. New messages are posted to this podcast as they become available. We want people everywhere to understand and embrace the truth that God is most glorified in us, when we are most satisfied in him. Listen on Apple Podcasts. I was looking forward to this podcast; the title was eye catching. I normally listen to the entire end out of respect, and different point of view.
Get the full list of 24, download, and enjoy. 24 Free eBooks for You Even a cursory reading of John Piper's most foundational books shows.
love you to the moon and back meaning in hindi
A Hunger for God: Desiring God through Fasting and Prayer
Amazing Grace in the Life of William Wilberforce. Beyond the Bounds. Biblical Foundations for Manhood and Womanhood. Can Our Differences Be Settled? Contending For Our All.
Go to John Piper Audio Downloads. He is the founder of Desiring God Ministries, created to "spread a passion for the supremacy of God in all things for the joy of all peoples through Jesus Christ". Spectacular Sins: and Their Global Purpose in the Glory of Christ deals with a number of the greatest tragedies that have fallen on man, and talks about the Sovereignty of God throughout. John piper has authored dozens of books, most of which are available on audio download at LearnOutLoud. If you are of the Christian faith or general Theological Studies interests you, John Piper is definitely worth checking out.